How can back pain be treated? What are some chiropractic treatments to treat back pain? These questions will all be answered in this post. We'll also talk about the prevention of back pain. In recent years, back pain has become an epidemic that is affecting people worldwide. The good news is that there isn't just one solution for back pain. There are plenty. You have options when it comes to treatment and prevention techniques you can use on your own. Keep reading for a complete guide to back care!
What Causes Back Pain?
If you're suffering from back problems, it may be due to a few different reasons. Poor posture is one of the most common causes of back pain. When we sit with our heads down and hunched over all day long, it can cause chronic tension in our neck muscles as well as tightness in our shoulders.
Furthermore, one cause is muscle strain or spasms, which are usually caused by lifting heavy objects. Other causes may be due to arthritis, an injury, or tumors in the spine. Certain lifestyle factors can also lead to chronic back pain: smoking cigarettes, being overweight or carrying heavy items on your shoulders.
The best way to prevent this type of discomfort is by maintaining good posture and staying physically active. You can also consult with a professional and get a back pain treatment in Golden, CO.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help?
Chiropractic care is a safe and effective way to treat back pain. Chiropractors use a hands-on approach that focuses on reducing nerve pressure in the back, neck, or spine. This can help ease chronic back problems caused by poor posture, stress from work or home life, muscle strain from overexertion at the gym, etc.
Chiropractic care is also great for pregnant women experiencing back pain because of their growing uterus and extra weight gain. Your chiropractor in Golden Colorado will adjust your pelvis so that it fits appropriately into your body without straining any muscles around it. They'll also teach you some exercises to do before getting out of bed each morning as well.
What Are Some Chiropractic Treatments To Treat Back Pain?
It's no secret that back pain is one of the most common complaints among Americans. It can be debilitating and make it difficult to enjoy everyday activities, so it's important to find a solution that works for you. There are numerous chiropractic treatments available for relief from back pain.
A chiropractic adjustment is a gentle, hands-on technique for aligning the spine back into its natural position. It is a cost-effective and non-invasive way to ease back pain that may have been caused by poor posture, stress from work or home life, muscle strain from overexertion at the gym, etc.
Spinal manipulative therapy (SMT)
This treatment involves pushing in different directions on joints of your back with their hands or an instrument such as an "activator." It can help relieve pressure on nerves around your spinal column, which could be causing low back pain due to pinched nerve endings. You might feel some popping sensations during this procedure. They may be harmless side effects, but they do not cause long-lasting discomfort. The chiropractor will then "adjust" your back to its neutral position.
Sacro-Occipital Technique (SOT)
This treatment is often used for back pain caused by lower back injuries and sciatica and the symptoms of degenerative disc disease. It involves gentle manipulation of muscles in the back and neck while lying face down on a table. The goal is to realign an injured or herniated disk without causing damage to reduce the pressure affecting nerves exiting from these disks into other parts of the body.
This traditional Chinese medicine practice uses thin needles inserted along pathways called meridians at strategic points within the body to improve health through alleviating physical distress stemming from various back ailments.
Some people experience back pain due to tightness in their hips, so acupuncture can help loosen these muscles and provide relief until they heal naturally. Acupuncture needles are inserted into points made along meridians throughout your back.
It is quite often used after an injury has healed. Massage therapy techniques focus on targeting areas where tension accumulates around muscles and ligaments to release pressure, reduce back pain, and relax the body.
A TENS unit is a modern electronic device that sends electrical impulses to specific areas of the body through pads placed on top of or around muscles to relieve back pain by blocking nerve signals from reaching those areas where there may be spasms. It stimulates blood flow near the affected area and muscle activity and provides relief from back discomfort without causing it.
Some chiropractors may incorporate one or more chiropractic therapies to address your back pain holistically. An effective back pain treatment in Golden, CO, addresses the underlying causes and does not merely mask the symptoms.
What Are Some Tips For Preventing Back Pain?
It can seem impossible when there is so much information out there about how to prevent back pain. Here are ten suggestions that come from our team:
- Exercise Regularly: Back pain is more likely in sedentary people who don't maintain muscle strength and flexibility. Making sure you include some form of activity every day. Keep it fun by challenging yourself with new activities (like trying one-arm pushups) that will keep things fresh while strengthening muscles all over the body, including those around your back.
- Do Not Neglect Sleep: Both quantity and quality matter when preventing back problems. Try keeping bedtime rituals for better sleep and back pain relief.
- Maintain A Healthy Weight: If carrying extra pounds can put more pressure on your back, maintaining a healthy body mass index (BMI) may reduce back pain risk, especially in women with low back pain.
- Wear Proper Shoes: Wearing high heels, or any footwear that is not supported for the foot are significant contributors to back problems. Make sure you have good arch support when exercising too. If you don't know what type of shoe supports your feet best, ask a professional to assist you.
- Build Stability Throughout The Day: Make an effort to stand up from a seated position every hour, take regular walks during lunchtime to break up workday monotony and strengthen muscles all over again.
- Maintain Correct Sitting Posture: Back pain is often caused by bad posture from long hours of sitting at a desk or on the couch. Ensure you are taking time to stretch out your back while seated and take breaks throughout the day.
- Practice Proper Lifting Technique: Use both arms, keep back straight with knees bent, and don't lift anything above waist height that can be safely handled without bending down. Keep head up, look where feet will land if they have to move for an item to be dropped off (don't reach back!)
- Keep Neck Muscles Strong: Make an effort to exercise daily and strengthen neck muscles when doing so! This helps reduce strain on the back as well as improve the overall strength of core muscle groups.
- Use Heating Pads/Ice Packs According To Specific Injuries: Talking about any chronic issue should always start by consulting a doctor, but there is no harm done by using ice packs on areas of back pain that are inflamed.
What Is The Approach Of Lived Aligned Family Chiropractic To Address Back Pain?
Live Aligned Family Chiropractic has initial expertise knowledge of back pain, and they specialize in helping people get back on track with their lives by addressing the root cause.
Live Aligned Family Chiropractic first takes an experiential approach to back pain. Dr. Charles Borget, along with the team of other skilled chiropractors, will check for any underlying issues such as muscle imbalances or joint immobility before focusing on treating the spinal column itself.
As a holistic chiropractor, Dr. Charles Borgert understands the importance of your well-being and that of your health and fitness goals as they pertain to long-term health benefits and wellness. He can provide personalized treatment plans customized specifically to meet your specific needs while still maintaining optimal flexibility in scheduling appointments around work or other commitments.
The team assesses your treatment plan according to individual needs and goals. They will also work with your family members to create an individualized back pain management plan. They provide patients a variety of services, including muscle scans, nutrition consultations, and more.
At Lived Aligned Family Chiropractic, we specialize in helping people achieve a pain-free life. Our approach is holistic and tailored to your individual needs with the goal of providing you relief from back pain so you can live aligned without physical limitations. If this sounds like something that interests you, please contact us for an appointment today! Call us at (720) 750-6605, click "Schedule a consultation" on our website, or visit our clinic at 17211 South Golden Road Ste 110 Golden, Colorado 80401. We would love to talk more about how our services might help you or someone close to you to overcome their chronic back pain.